Welcome again to Rank First. We understand you are new to internet marketing and that you want to be found on Google. Great. Our aim in this section is to explain the two options available when beginning your Google journey, and to show you some knowledge to help you avoid mistakes and save money, while still getting enquiries or sales from your website. The two ways to get on Google are search engine optimisation or Google Adwords (Pay Per Click). Both of these techniques have their advantages and disadvantages which we have briefly outlined for you. You can go to the relevant page with more detail at any time by clicking the appropriate button below.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Highest traffic percentage from Google.
- Higher conversion rate than Adwords.
- Cheapest long term strategy
- Sustained period of return (an investment)
- Prestige and trust. The best companies rank at the top right?
- Wider range of traffic from other sources than just Google (linking, articles, directories etc)
- Unlimited Impressions
- Limited immediate return
- Often less amount of keyphrases possible than Adwords
- Easy to control daily budget
- Flexible to trends
- Change ad copy in an instant
- Advertise specials
- Only pay for clicks to your site
- Immediate return
- Good for time sensitive products
- Pay too for wasted clicks
- Short term strategy because of never ending payment
- Competitors may have bigger buget.
*All of these disadvantages can be minimized if your campaign is managed well from the start
Often the best strategy is a mix of these two search engine marketing techniques. This can ensure both the short term and long term security for your internet advertising on Google. We are happy to discuss your business plan with you, so that together we can create a plan to achieve your goals at the right price.